Thursday, January 15, 2015

Self Portrait Ideas

I am definitely thinking about making my self portrait based on a masculine and feminine quality to myself.

For example, I am always trying to stay fit. Therefore I want to show a side of myself that is powerful and determined. While in contrast, I am obsessed with fashion from the 1950's. I own vintage dresses that make me feel very proper and girlish.

My idea for the regular self portrait is to take a picture of myself in workout clothes with on my treadmill or lifting weights within my basement.

My idea for my fantasy self portrait is to dress up in one of my dresses and then add a background that will make me feel as if I am in the movie "Grease" or a schoolgirl from the 1950's.

Another idea is to have the first one stay the same and then have my fantasy portrait portray the story of me with my lover. I want it to symbolize that women can be strong on their own.

The fantasy self portrait will definitely have a lot more color to it.

Camera for regular self portrait will be looking up at me.

Photo references:

Another idea is for my realistic picture of me to be surrounded by my friends. On occasions, I do feel lonely even if I am with a group of people that love and support me. My fantasy self portrait would contain me with dark lighting sitting in an empty space.

Work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment